“…the cost of every great achievement…is not paid in a lump sum. Achievement is bought on the time-payment plan, with a new installment required each day. Fresh drafts are constantly being drawn, and when payment ceases, leadership wanes.” [Oswald Sanders, Spiritual Leadership, Moody Press, Chicago, 1994, p. 115]
I am Stanley Jayanthakumar, CPA / B Com Accounting / MA Leadership / PhD Christian Leadership
BUSINESS EXPERIENCE (SINCE 1986)
I am a highly analytical and focused business/financial professional with ongoing employment working with complex and globally recognised organisations such as: Avery Dennison Office Products (Australia), Siemens (Australia), GEC Plessey Telecommunications (Australia), GEC Australia, MikeChris Group of Companies Sri Lanka, Ceylon Synthethic Textile Mills Sri Lanka.
My roles in the above organisations were Business Analyst (Avery), Financial Controller (Siemens), Financial Controller/Finance Manager (GEC Plessey), Systems Accountant/Financial Accountant, Internal Audit Officer and Purchasing Assistant.
I have been an effective contributor to executive management activities through the provisioning of up to date sales and financial data whilst providing recommendations through profitability and cash flow modeling activities Business Intelligence / Data Modelling / Team Management, Leadership Mentoring, Leadership Development, Effective communication skills, Good people skills, Team player, Financial Analysis / Business Analysis, Pricing Analysis / Reporting Analysis, Opportunity Analysis / Cost Modeling Strategic Planning / Operational Planning, Financial Modeling / Business Flowcharting, Forecasting / Budget Analysis Management reporting / Analysis, Lean Six Sigma / Process Improvement, Team Leadership / Mentoring, Project Management / Reporting, Key stakeholder management, Executive Team Advice / Reporting Financial Analysis.
CHURCH, COMMUNITY SERVICE AND YOUTH MINISTRY EXPERIENCE (Since 1985)
Performed volunteer honorary roles in C3Church CCA (also known as Christian Congregation Australia) as Director / Elder / Head of Finance, Head of Youth Ministry / Head of Teaching Ministry, Director in charge of Building Committee, Visiting lecturer at Assemblies of God Bible College Sri Lanka, Lanka Bible College Sri Lanka, Colombo Theological Seminary Sri Lanka, Leadership mentor of University of Jerusalem Chennai India, Itinerant minister of the word at churches in Australia, Sri Lanka, Chennai India & Hyderabad India.
Other informal roles and achievements are:
- Involved in screening and recruitment of the Senior Pastor of the church
- Initiated and launched building fund
- Involved in the Team to secure DGR status for building fund
- Involved in the process to secure stamp duty exemptions for purchase of building
- Provided pastoral guidance to congregation
- Formulation of policies for the church
- Formulation of organisation / operational structures for the church
- Prepare teaching curriculum for the leaders and ministers
- Mentoring leaders
- Project managing camps and major outreach programs
- Maintained best practice standards for church operations
- Involved in advertising and recruitment of Senior Pastor
- Provided leadership support to senior Pastor
- Leader training and development
- Formulating church disciplining process
Since 1985, was part of youth ministry of Youth for Christ Sri Lanka and served as an English ministry Club Director of Mount Lavinia club for many years.